Dr. Eng. Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa
Head EMS Department
- Results driven and hard working, passionate about research and consultancy;
- Excellent scientific background, and interests in the areas including growth and innovation, Natural resources and Project management, Environmental Science and Engineering, Research Methods and (Q)SAR technologies;
- Dedicated to the highest Quality Research with a high-level of International publications;
- Fast learner, motivated by intellectual curiosity, with developed scientific thinking and reasoning skills;
- Collaborative, proudly recognized as a Good team player by colleagues, but also enjoys working independently;
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication
Dr. Joseph J. Sungau
The Dean of the Faculty
Dr. Joseph Sungau is the Dean of the Faculty of Science and Technology. He belong in the department of engineering management studies and he lectures in operations management and industrial engineering management fields. Dr. Sungau has BSc. In Mechanical Engineering, Master in Business Administration and PhD in Business Administration. Dr. Sungau has been doing research in the areas of operations management and Business Process Reengineering.
Mr. Michael S. Mangula
He is a Lecturer in Production and Operations Management, Industrial Engineering Management Studies Department of Engineering Management Studies(EMS), Faculty of Science and Technology,Mzumbe University
Mr. Ashraf Abeid hold a M.Sc. Degree in Technology Management from Staffordshire University in Malaysia and a Bachelor degree in Production Engineering from the University of Dar es Salaam Tanzania.
Since he joined Mzumbe University Mr. Ashraf Abeid has been an active member in as a researcher and trainer. His research interest areas is in the area of Operations research, Quality engineering and Finical engineering.
Ms. Lena Lyama
Ebenezer D. Makundi is a Tutorial Assistant at Mzumbe University. He has BSc. in Industrial Engineering (Hons) from the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Tanzania. During his undergraduate studies, he worked with manufacturing industries like Tanganyika Planting Company and Coca-cola companies at both Technician and Engineer level. Soon after graduating from UDSM he worked at G and B Soap Industries Ltd as an Industrial engineer. Currently, he is the workshop coordinator who supervises the team of technicians for workshop training subjects to students. He is a talented, ambitious and hardworking individual with broad skills and experience in engineering and manufacturing and leading projects.
Furthermore, he is currently registered as a Graduate Engineer by the Engineers Registration Board (ERB), Tanzania. He does research in quality engineering, manufacturing engineering, and industrial engineering (general).
Mr. Charles Joseph Makasabi
Charles Makasabi is a Tutorial Assistant in the Department of Engineering Management Studies. He has BSc in Industrial Engineering Management from Mzumbe University. His professional qualities are being flexible, dynamic, self-motivated and team player. His research interest areas are financial engineering, Optimization, Management science, Logistics and operation