Registered EIA Expert, Lecturer,Head of Department of Engineering Management Studies
- Results driven and hard working, passionate about research and consultancy;
- Excellent scientific background, and interests in the areas including growth and innovation, Natural resources and Project management, Environmental Science and Engineering, Research Methods and (Q)SAR technologies;
- Dedicated to the highest Quality Research with a high-level of International publications;
- Fast learner, motivated by intellectual curiosity, with developed scientific thinking and reasoning skills;
- Collaborative, proudly recognized as a Good team player by colleagues, but also enjoys working independently;
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication
- Generated 12 journal publications, 2 book chapters, and 4 platform presentations at international conferences. FIVE of the publications were published by the SCI Journal; Chemosphere and Elsevier;
- Recipient of the PhD scholarship from the Dalian University of Technology, Chinese Government;
- Provided crucial contributions to Dalian University of Technology research group, as a distinct member.
- Served as a volunteer in the PhD student association, and organized activities such as the PhD student forum to promote the communications and interactions between PhD students (International and Chinese) and research projects in the Department.
|2011 - 2014||Dalian University of Technology, PR China, Doctor of Engineering in Environmental Science and Engineering.|
|2008 - 2010:||University of Dar es Salaam, MSc. in Engineering (Project) Management|
|2000 - 2004:||University of Dar es Salaam, BSc. in Production Engineering|
|1996 - 1999:||Same high School|
|1993 - 1996:||Mrike Secondary School|
|1986 - 1992:||Ngoyoni Primary School|
- Qualiitative Research Methods utilizing NVIVO 12 PRO;
- Quantitative Research Methods utilizing Structural Equation Modelling techniques
- Computational toxicology models - Environmental toxicology and chemical risk assessment;
- Applicability of Monte Carlo Analysis, for estimation of the energy content of crop residues, and modelling freshwater scarcity at the basin level;
- Basic research skills, academic paper writing, (Q)SAR model development and validation, and interpretation of the model results;
- Consultancy skills: Development of Corporate Stragic Plan; Mainstreaming (STI) towards energy access and efficiency in East African Countries and beyond;
- Softwares: Origin; Crystal ball; SPSS; EPI suitTM10; Gaussian 09; Dragon, MOPAC, Toxtree softwares; Ambit discovery studio version 0.04; Pascal, C++; Matlab, NVIVO 12 PRO.
STI refers to Science Technology and Innovation
- Introducing Blended Learning and Online Collaborative Research to Innovate Education and Research on Gender-Based Food Security Entrepreneurship, September 2017.
- Research Methodology: Qualitative Methods Workshop. Sponsored by Mzumbe University, June 2016.
- Renewable energy as a catalyst for sustainable development: Presented in the African Unity for Renaissance International Conference Placing Africa Firmly in the Realm of Sustainable Development Goals, 21st - 26th May 2017 held in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Training on Instutional Needs Assessment, July, 2016, Lumumba Complex.
- ENRICH - Workshop II on increase energy sustainability and access in East Africa - Moi University - Kenya - May 2015.
- TOT: Teaching Methodology and Ethics in Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB), February 2016, Dar es Salaam.
- TOT: Teaching Methodology and Ethics in Higher Learning Institutions Workshop. Sponsored by Mzumbe University, 30th April 5th MAY 2008.
- Research Methodology: Quantitative Approaches Workshop. Sponsored by the Groningen University & Mzumbe University, 22nd 25th APRIL 2008.
- The 2013 International Workshop on Risk Management and Control of Chemicals (IWRMC, Oct. 13-16, Dalian, China).
- Chemicals Risk Assessment the Strategic Approach to Sustainable Development. International Students Conference on Environment and Sustainability; UNEP, Tongji University, Shangai (Conference Poster), MARCH, 2014.
|July 2004 - January 2005:||Product Design and Development Engineer, Tanzania Engineering and Manufacturing Design Organization (TEMDO).|
|February 2005 - June 2006:||Production Engineer, Aluminum Africa (ALAF) Tanzania.|
|July 2006 - To Date:||Lecturer, Head, Department of Engineering Management Studies, Mzumbe University – Tanzania.|
- Transforming Employability for Social Change in East Africa, 2017 - 2021 EU Project.
- The consultancy work for conducting a feasibility study on the project of Enhancing Higher Learning Technical Institutions in Tanzania to Contribute in Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, June 2017.
- Development of corporate Strategic Plan, December 2015 - June 2016, Consultant.
- ENRICH Project: Establishment of a Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Network on energy access and efficiency in East Africa, Project member.
- Research Project on: Dominant Factors for Energy Choice Decisions by Households in Tanzania: A Case Study of Selected Villages in Mvomero District, funded by VLIR-UOS: GRE@T - Governance and Entrepreneurship Through Research, Education, Access and Technology for Tanzania, VLIR-UOS Project Member.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa (2018). The Environment, Mining and Interventionism: Towards a Pan Africanist Model of Justice in Sub-Saharan Africa. Langaa RPCIPG, Cameroon, ISBN 97895650128.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa (2018). Political Institutional Barriers to Energy Access abd Efficiency in Tanzania: A Case study of Mvomero District. Afrika Focus Journal, 31(1), 173-186.
- Xianhai Yang, Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa, Hongbin Xie, Jingwen Chen, Xuehua Li a, Xianliang Qiao, Xiyun Cai, (2017). Different binding mechanisms of neutral and anionic poly-/perfluorinated chemicals to human transthyretin revealed by In silico models. Chemosphere 182, 574-583.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa, (2016). Assessment of Energy Potential of Crop Residues and Animal Wastes in Tanzania. Independent Journal of Management and Production, 7(4), 1227-1239.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa, Joseph Sungau, (2016). Information Technology Integration for Socio-Economic Development: Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) for Industrial Development: Challenges and Opportunities. IGI Global desseminator of Knowledge, Chapter 12, pp. 306-319, ISBN13: 9781522505396, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0539-6.
- Fei Li, Xianhai Yang, Jingwen Chen, Felichesmi Lyakurwa (2015). QSARs on the Thyroid Hormone Effects of Polybrominated Diphenyl Ether (PBDE) Derivatives. Elsevier, Chapter 17, pp.548-580, ISBN: 978-0-444-63299-9.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa, Guobao Song, Jingwen Chen (2015). Quantitative modelling of freshwater stress in the nine water basins of Tanzania. Chinese Journal of Population, Resources and Environment 12 (4), 309-315.
- Ya Wang, Jingwen Chen, Xianhai Yang, Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa, Xuehua Li, Xianliang Qiao (2015). In Silico Model for Predicting Soil Organic Carbon Normalized Sorption Coefficient (KOC) of Organic Chemicals. Chemosphere 119, 438-444, (SCI, IF 3.137).
- Guobao Song, Li Chea, Yangang Yang, Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa, Shushen Zhang (2014). Estimation of Crop Residue in China based on a Monte Carlo Analysis. Chinese Journal of Population, Resources and Environment 12(1): 88-94.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa (2014). Employing the LSER Theory to Develop Computational Toxicology Models on Acute Toxicity of Organic Chemicals to Fathead Minnow (Pimephales Promelas). PhD Dissertation Submitted to Dalian University of Technology, September, 2014.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa (2014). Industrial Ecology a New Path to Sustainability: An Empirical Review. Independent Journal of Management and Production 5(3), 623-635.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa, Xianhai Yang, Xuehua Li, Xianliang Qiao, Jingwen Chen (2014). Development of In Silico Models for Predicting LSER Molecular Parameters and for Acute Toxicity Prediction to Fathead Minnow (Pimephales Promelas). Chemosphere, 108: 17-25.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa, Xianhai Yang, Xuehua Li, Xianliang Qiao, Jingwen Chen (2014). Development and Validation of Theoretical Linear Solvation Energy Relationship Models for Toxicity Prediction to Fathead Minnow (Pimephales Promelas). Chemosphere, 96: 188-194.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa (2014). Quantitative Modelling of Water Footprint and Energy Content of Crop and Animal Products Consumption in Tanzania. Independent Journal of Management and Production 5(2): 511-526.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa (2013). Applicability of Industrial Ecology Strategies for the Corporate Environmental Management: Selected Cases of the Eastern and Northern Zones of Tanzania. Journal of Environment and Earth Science 3(1): 57-64.
- Michael S. Mangula, Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa (2013). Modelling Barriers to Implementation of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) by Corporate Organizations in Tanzania. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology 2(6): 1488-1503.
- Michael S. Mangula, Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa (2013). Delineation of the Corporate use of Environmental Information Systems (EIS): Selected Cases of the Corporate Organizations in Tanzania. Independent Journal of Management and Production 4(2): 529-536.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa (2010). Application of Environmental Information Systems for Corporate Environmental Management in Tanzania., Unpublished, Master of Engineering Management Dissertation, UDSM.
- Felichesmi S. Lyakurwa (2004). Design and Manufacturing of Oil Palm Processing Machines. Unpublished Research Report, BSc (Production) Engineering, UDSM.