Dr. Bahati Ilembo
Dr. ILEMBO is a Lecturer with specialization in Statistics and Agricultural Economics. He is trained in statistics at both Bachelor and Master’s degree levels and he did a Ph.D. in the Agricultural Economics specialized in contract farming and agricultural value chain. Dr. ILEMBO has published mostly in agricultural economics.
|Physical Address:||Haile Selasie Building,Office No.213|
|Postal Address:||Po Box 1,Mzumbe University.|
- Binary choice models
- Contract farming
- Value chain analysis
- Quantitative techniques (Tandem process)
Enhancing Productivity, Market Access and Incomes for Small farming businesses in Tanzania: Potentials and Limitations of Contract Farming (POLICOFA).
Articles in Refereed Journals
- Bahati Ilembo and Joseph Kuzilwa (2015). Unfolding the quasi- hierarchy governance structure in the tobacco value chain in Tanzania. Planning and Development Initiative Journal 1(1), p. 4-20
- Joseph Kuzilwa and Bahati Ilembo (2015). Stakeholder’s perception in the upstream tobacco value chain in Tanzania: Converging or diverging? The Sociologist Journal, forthcoming (submitted)
- Bahati Ilembo, Joseph Kuzilwa, Niels Fold and Marianne Nylandsted (2014): Functioning of the governance structure in the Tanzania Tobacco Value Chain: Evidence from small holder tobacco farmers in Urambo district. Tanzania Journal of Development Studies 14(1& 2), p.37-53.
- Bahati Ilembo and Joseph Kuzilwa (2014). Technical efficiency analysis of tobacco production in Tanzania. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business 6 (3), p. 246-265
- WantrudisMkomange, Bahati Ilembo and MusibauAjagbe (2012). The role and importance of technology mathematics teaching and learning. A review of literature. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research and Business 3(11), p. 476.
- Bahati Ilembo, Joseph Kuzilwa and Marianne Nylandsted Larsen (2017). Evolving Governance Structures and Contract Farming in the Tobacco Value Chain in Tanzania.
- Bahati Ilembo, Joseph Kuzilwa and Arne Henningsen (2017). Tobacco Contract Farming in the Urambo District of Tanzania: Which Farmers Obtain Inputs on Credit and Which Buy Them for Cash?
- Joseph Kuzilwa, Bahati Ilembo, Daniel Mpeta and Andrew Coulson (2019). Contract Farming: Experiences from Tobacco and Sunflower in Tanzania.
- Statistics “with worked examples”. Department of Mathematics and Statistics Studies, Mzumbe University.
- Theory of Statistics: Lecture notes. Department of Mathematics and Statistics Studies, Mzumbe University.
- Quantitative Techniques: A teaching Manual. Mzumbe University: Research and Publications, 2010.